I was playing with the Layered Background Technique today. It just happens to be one of the challenges for Hero Arts this month.
I started with some cream cardstock, and stamped Friend Definition in Old Paper Distress Ink. I over stamped that with the Envelope Pattern in Antique Linen. I stamped the Cluster from Delicate Cluster in Peeled Paint ink. I found a scrap of some scalloped cardstock that matched my Certainly Celery cardstock, that I used for my base, so I wanted to add that. However, just adding the scallop didn’t fit the card. I found some fringe that I had bought over 6 years ago, and have always wanted to use on a card.. so I did. I taped the scallop on top of the edge of the fringe.