>Valentine’s Mingle Cards
These are a couple of cards that I did for Valentine’s mingles this year. The top card was for a local mingle, so I did a 6 x 6 card. I started with some Die Cuts with a View cardstock from the Luxury Pack, and cut it to 12 x 6, then scored it so it was a 6 x 6 card. I then took a 5.5 inch square of white cardstock and stamped the Hero Arts Friend Definition stamp on it. I took a 1.5 inch x 5.5 inch piece of cardstock from DCWV The Four Seasons pack, and edged it with a Martha Stewart Doily punch. I added some scrap white lace underneath the punched piece, and foam mounted it to the right hand side of the white cardstock. I then adhered the white layer to the base cardstock. I took a Tim Holtz Rosette and double foam mounted it to the top right hand corner of the white layer of cardstock. Then, using a scrap piece of white cardstock, I sponged Spun Sugar Distress Ink along the edges in a bit, then over stamped with the small flourish heart from Quietfire Designs. in Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. I added the sentiments (Hero Arts and Studio G), in Barn Door Red. There was still a lot of white space, so I used the MS Doily punch again and punch the bottom edge of the cardstock. I adhered the sentiments to the white layer of cardstock.
For the second card, I started with black as my card base. I took a 1.75 by 4.75 piece of white cardstock, and used the retired SU Wrought Iron corner punch to punch a corner. I used some patterned paper, and rounded the two right hand side corners. Using scrap white cardstock, I used the Stitched Heart stamp from Hero Arts, and stamped the heart twice in Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, and cut out. With one heart, I stamped the squirrel and partial sentiment in Versafine Black, showing the stitched lines ( Stamps are Hero Arts). I flipped the other heart over, and trimmed to the second heart, so it was a bit smaller. I used an Autumn Leaves Alpha set and stamped the U in Versafine black. I then adhered the white punched corner piece to the patterned paper, and adhered to the base cardstock. I coloured the squirrel in with a marker, then used SU’s Crystal Effects to make him glossy. Once that dried, I stuck the heart with the U on the bottom towards the right hand corner, then foam mounted the squirrel on top of that. To finish the card, I added some gems.